Friday, December 21, 2012

Feeling philosophical

    It is, at times, not easy to describe a day.  So many things happen in the course of a daily journey that, at the time, seem trivial, yet often the filter of personal history, that distant mirror of remembrance, proves otherwise.  I often struggle with what to write in these pages, as I often wonder if any others ever will, or ever should, read them.  Yet I feel compelled to write them, even if they are ultimately to be consigned to the ashes of waste and landfill.  Perhaps in my dotage, I will turn back to these musings with fond memory and recollection.

    Yet of this day? I worked, I fought battles, and with allies, appear to have won.  I practiced being a better man, and I took another tentative step to enlightenment. Most importantly, I enjoyed another day with the ones I love the most.
   
    Should I be so philosophical?  Perhaps not.  I am but a common man living in common, but trying times.  One small tentative voice in the cacophony of global conversation.  One more person who desires to make a mark, to leave a legacy, to be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment